× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gen 4 Heated Seats retrofit

More
10 Aug 2024 15:43 #257153 by Vintagepaul
Hi,
I've just bought a 2024 Jimny 2 seater Van (Official UK supplied) which does not have heated seats.
Does anyone know if the seats fitted already have the heated elements present and all I would have to do would be to buy a pair of Suzuki heated seat switches and connect them (hoping that the wiring to the switch blanks is in place too) in order to get them to function?
It probably wont be as easy as that but thought it worth asking the question.
Thanks,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2024 19:03 #257156 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Gen 4 Heated Seats retrofit
Sorry to disappoint, none of the parts are pre-installed so nothing is there, including no wiring

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
10 Aug 2024 20:25 #257157 by Vintagepaul
Thanks Martin, I did think that would probably be the case.

More
10 Aug 2024 20:58 - 10 Aug 2024 20:59 #257159 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Gen 4 Heated Seats retrofit
You aren't missing anything really.

My SZ5 has them, I've never needed to use them beyond seeing if they work.

I suppose I could drive around in my Speedos in January, but they really aren't needed with fabric seats and a heater that works.

I certainly wouldn't have paid extra for them if there had been a choice.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 10 Aug 2024 20:59 by facade.

More
10 Aug 2024 21:05 #257160 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Gen 4 Heated Seats retrofit
Same here, in the five and half years I have only switched it on once to test it when I bought the Jimny :)

More
11 Aug 2024 07:06 #257161 by Motacilla
Wiring heated seats is easily done, even if Suzuki didn't put the parts in place for you.

Using the factory switches and aftermarket heating units, your local sparky could quickly put together something indistinguishable from original. Arguably easier than installing a big stereo.

I use my heated seats routinely in the season. (Here in the EU they are standard fitment on the 2-seater Jimny.) Copilot would insist on them even if I didn't want them -- ladies feel the cold more than we do.

I wish the J came with a heated steering wheel too, but perhaps it doesn't get so cold where you live.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds