BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

FAILED ON CORROSION 30cm FROM ATTACHMENT POINTS

More
08 Mar 2024 11:51 #254909 by greenmachine
I put her through an MOT and after being stood 4 yrs she failed on emissions (need's a cat)  and rusted/rotton mounts
which i thought she would , but passed everything else!!   all electrics still working wow.   the problem is the rotton cab shell attached to the chassis.
is this the end of the road for her or is it possible to sort this with some heavy welding? i really want her to live,  ive an agri welding mate 200m up the lane.  any thoughts /experience of this?  cheers L

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2024 15:28 #254922 by jackonlyjack
Have a look on lamberts engineering Web site they sell all sorts of weld in /on after market part's
Without knowing what you need to do this is all I can suggest 

More
08 Mar 2024 20:03 #254937 by LesNewell
Body mounts can be repaired. I've done a few on my Jimny. It's a pretty big job and you will invariably find the rust a quite a lot worse that it looks. Anyone with a bit of experience mig welding on bodywork can do the work. The big cost of a job like this is time. If you have to pay someone to do the work it's going to get expensive.

More
09 Mar 2024 12:17 #254966 by greenmachine
will do jack , thx for starting point mate

More
09 Mar 2024 12:18 #254967 by greenmachine
yeah thanks Les, thats the biggy weld time eh.

More
17 Mar 2024 10:43 #255113 by greenmachine
I got her up in the air for a look yesterday morning,    shes not AS bad as we thought, she will plate n weld .   i,ll get pics of that b4 and after for here when we start on her.  still suprised after sat for 2 years and hardly run for 4 years that eveything still worked electrically,   after i sorted the ecu and coils that is.  updates to follow!   oh and top info jackonlyjack on lamberts Eng   , thx a ton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds