BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Joys of buying 2nd Hand cars

More
02 Feb 2024 19:27 #253978 by Phaeton
Managed a bit of time this afternoon to fit the new 2nd hand hubs, seemed to make a big difference, it has always seemed to have a drag reversing that has disappeared, also seems to be a bit quicker & steering more responsive, now it could all be psychological but I suspect as it's not constantly driving the diff & propshaft, so some of it is true.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Feb 2024 19:35 #253980 by Lambert
I can tell if I leave my front hubs locked in 4x2 admittedly it's subtle but I can tell, so yeah I can believe you would notice not having yours fixed.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Feb 2024 10:48 #253987 by Roger Fairclough

Managed a bit of time this afternoon to fit the new 2nd hand hubs, seemed to make a big difference, it has always seemed to have a drag reversing that has disappeared, also seems to be a bit quicker & steering more responsive, now it could all be psychological but I suspect as it's not constantly driving the diff & propshaft, so some of it is true.
Looking at the image of the king pin bearing, I am not surprised you felt steering snatch. That is what water can do, so yes the new/s/hand hubs would tighten up the steering and responsiveness would return.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds