BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now closed at 148 vehicles!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

3" lift recommendations

More
24 Jan 2024 06:18 #253717 by ankan
Hi guys,
I'm reading this forum for a very long time but never participated, so this is my first post!
Here's the deal:
It's time to upgrade my 2009 Jimny suspension (Mad +6cm with Monroe Adventure). In my previous one (1999 model) I had 4" Top-R (front progressive) springs with Fox emulsion shocks and the result was top-notch both on and off the road.
Being a fan of progressive springs, as far as I know, there are three different 3" lift choices a) Zmode, b) HM4x4 and c) X-Shock Dakar (unfortunately Top-R does not longer exist).
- X-Shock Dakar work really fine (some of my friends have them installed) but in reality they are +9cm (instead of +7,5cm), which I don't want at this time.
- So, we have the two Italian manufacturers, Zmode & HM4x4. If I'm not mistaken, some of you have trouble with the HM4x4 (snapped coils and side lean) and some of you have tried Zmode.
I would like to hear your opinion on both of these so that I can decide which one to buy. 
Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2024 08:11 #253734 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic 3" lift recommendations
Great that you participate, welcome to the Forum.

I will follow this and hoped to see some input from others as well as my suspension should have some upgrades too.
Currently trailmaster 2" comfort wich have been great, except the dampers gave in to rust after 5 or so years. Yes I should have treated them!

I have changed the use of my car lately to more longer trips on gravel roads thru the mountains of Norway and Sweden. So with more load on the car and a trailer, the rear have maybe begun sagging a bit. but I would like more load capacity but also more comfort. (impossible?)

Germans do not want to sell their products anymore for some reason so the unobtainable trailmaster dampers was changed to a set of KYB Grand Vitara rear dampers. They fit and work fine, but the ride with the trailmasters dampers was better.

My other problem is that my car is approved with the trailmaster lift and now that the dampers is not trailmaster i could get into trouble if checked by the law here in Norway. I would like at least some better dampers and even better an inch or a half more lift in the back.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds