× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Early ABS pump issue

More
27 Apr 2023 23:28 #248858 by Jambls
Early ABS pump issue was created by Jambls
Hi folks, in a bit of a situation here. I've got an intermittent ABS light on, and after following the instructions to read the code, I'm presented with code 61: "ABS Pump motor circuit". I've had a look at the wiring, and it seems fine, I followed a service manual to trouble shoot it and checked it was getting the voltage it should be, and it was. A bit of googling lead me to this post on here, where the solution seemed to be to replace it. For the record, it's a Japanese built 04 hard top, with the non-vvt M13a and the abs pump is marked Denso 81A1.

Only problem is, I can't find one anywhere. Ebay has nothing and I got in touch with BB autos, who don't have anything. I've found a few places that claim to rebuild them, but they're expensive and I'd have to take the car off the road for a week or so while it's away.

It also occurred to me that I may be able to convert to the newer pump, while it's can of worms plumbing and wiring wise, the controller is on the pump so it's probably possible. I'd rather not though.

Any ideas on sourcing a replacement or fixing the one I've got? Also, why are they not available? Are they a common failure point? I'm sure ABS was mandatory by 2004, so there should be a few years of jimny that have them. Ah well, any help is much appreciated.

04 mode, nearly unmodified.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2023 17:17 #248929 by Jambls
Replied by Jambls on topic Early ABS pump issue
Anyone know where I can get one?

More
02 May 2023 20:28 - 02 May 2023 20:30 #248933 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Early ABS pump issue
No idea sorry.
I did have a Google and managed to find one or two overseas, but quite expensive.
Unless someone has a better idea I can only suggest you search "breaking Jimny" on eBay and ask each what they have. About 43 listings at the moment, it's possible someone has the item. Sorry if you've already done so, not much help at this point.
Cant understand why they are scarce, not aware they are an item that normally fails. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 02 May 2023 20:30 by Scimike.

More
03 May 2023 11:10 - 03 May 2023 11:22 #248937 by Jambls
Replied by Jambls on topic Early ABS pump issue
Cheers for the reply, I've been contacting breakers, but no luck yet. Most of the results are for different parts off the same car from the same breakers, there's only actually 5 cars being broken and none have abs.

Last edit: 03 May 2023 11:22 by Jambls.

More
06 May 2023 14:24 #248987 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Early ABS pump issue
The denso 81A1 are very rare 
Also no one wants to rebuild one either 
Only fitted to small amount of 2003 models 
And 2004 changed it to a different type in 2005
Been looking for over a year now and second hand units sell for £300 ish 
A lot to say it maybe non working too

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds