BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gen4 Headlight Auto Levelling Initiallisation

More
04 Aug 2023 07:08 #250110 by Soeley
I will do it later when I finish work, the screen shots are from the Suzuki Worshop Manual which I boughtbfrom my main dealer. Not sure if they are still available now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2023 08:30 #250113 by Soeley
I think these are what you are after.

When you say it lowered the headlights too much when load was added to the rear, could it be the case that the headlight aim was just set too low even without any load in the rear, but was less noticable?

Attachments:

More
07 Aug 2023 12:30 #250141 by GaSSiS
Thanks a lot for the instructions. At the end of that week I checked the correct operation of the auto-corrector by putting 4 people in the Jimny, and the headlights lowered correctly. But the headlights do not react to the loading of one or two people. Apparently, the fact is that the dealer's master was sitting in the car at the time of calibration, and therefore the car considered his weight as part of the weight of the car. I will try to come to the dealer again and ask to recalibrate with an empty cabin

More
11 Aug 2023 08:27 #250221 by GaSSiS
Finally, I once again drove to the official dealer. This time, they read the workshop manual themselves and admitted that they were wrong the first time by calibrating the sensor with the driver inside car. Recalibrated on an empty car. Everything is working fine now, thanks everyone :).
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines, Soeley

More
11 Aug 2023 10:02 #250223 by Soeley
Glad you got it sorted, mine still doesn't work :(

More
11 Aug 2023 15:48 #250226 by lightning
lf the system does nothing at all, with no warning light, have you done some simple checks like fuses.
Maybe you stalled the adjustment motor and it blew a fuse.
You would think that the system would at least attempt to initialise even if the zero point wasn't correct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
18 Sep 2023 20:00 #250881 by Soeley
I'm glad to report I have had my issue fixed today.

The other week I noticed a new Suzuki dealer in Rochdale (Premier Suzuki) used to be a Mazda garage. I called in to make sure they were a fully authorised dealer with full Suzuki diagnostic software and they assured me they were. The guy I was talking to seemed pretty interested in my problem and explanation. He even asked he he could have a look at my car in the car park.

He said they would charge me 30 minutes labour and if it took a bit longer it didn't matter, he also said they'd pop it in the MOT bay and check the headlight alignment afterwards. Jimny was duly booked in for today.

Good to their word they did it, he got a couple of blokes to sit in the back after to test it as well   Headlights re-aligned as promised!

I marked a line on the inside of the garage door to the light beam with the boot empty, been for a drive around in the dark, headlight aim is much higher now (I must have over done it when I lowered them before). I came back, loaded my fridge and pull-out table back in, added my SDS drill box, socket set and a bag of cement. Parked back in the garage and headlight beam is still sat on the mark I made   I know previously the light beam would have been an inch above the line.

So a successful day for me.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Sep 2023 04:46 #250885 by Lambert
Good news.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds