BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Any good racing seats that fit my 3rd gen?

More
10 Sep 2022 19:48 #244923 by Vandoni
I want to buy a racing seat for my 3rd gen and found a brand called master forest, is it any good? The seats are pretty cheap at 200€, are there better brands or is this one good for the money i'd pay?
also do I need to do any modifications to make the seat fit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2022 22:26 - 10 Sep 2022 22:28 #244924 by lightning
l would start with a turbocharger, intercooler and suspension lowering kit, then you'd give the race seat something to do.
Last edit: 10 Sep 2022 22:28 by lightning.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Sep 2022 03:27 #244926 by Lambert
Now now be nice lightening.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Sep 2022 03:44 #244927 by Lambert
To answer your question I have heard of master Forrest seats but have not directly sat in one, so can't comment on quality. As to fitting a proper bucket seat yes you are going to have to do a bit of custom fabrication which will need to be done to a high standard because of the safety critical nature of not having your seat move in the event of a collision, this is something you're going to have to mention to the insurance and they may want an engineer to inspect it. Your other option is to try and find a pair of recaros out of the old model Ignis sport, they only require the seat back cross bars adjusting with a welder and otherwise use the Jimny frames, but they are quite rare.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
11 Sep 2022 08:31 #244928 by DrRobin
Like Lambert I haven’t tried any of these seats, so can’t comment on how good they are, but I would ask the supplier what you need to do to fit them.

In addition to Master Forest, Raptor (raptor4x4.co.uk) also sell bucket seats and bases, again I would ask what you need for your Jimny and how much work to fit.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
11 Sep 2022 08:57 - 11 Sep 2022 09:01 #244929 by Scimike
The Master Forest seats look promising. They also appear to sell seat bases specifically for the Jimny to go with the seats, so it appears "on the internet" that they will fit and are a fully designed product. 
As said it's worth contacting them and ask what's involved, but they look OK. Unfortunately again no direct experience of changing seats in Jimny.

You need good supportive seats as soon as you venture away from dirt tracks off road and hit the serious stuff. Nothing worse than clinging to the steering wheel as the angle of the vehicle changes, the seats should hold you firm. I had to change my Landover bench seat to prevent this, you could literally slide into the passenger seat on the rough stuff.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 11 Sep 2022 09:01 by Scimike.

More
11 Sep 2022 12:02 #244930 by Vandoni
Thanks to all of you for giving some much needed advice, I'll contact the seller as suggested and see if I need to modify something or if they fit as is.
thanks again!
Also lightning, I want to keep my m13a m/a but I'll bump the power up a notch so don't worry XD

More
22 Sep 2022 17:59 #245057 by jackonlyjack
Attachments:

More
22 Sep 2022 19:26 #245061 by Vandoni
those are pretty cool seats!!
where did you get them?
also, really cool extinguisher setup you got there!

More
23 Sep 2022 15:21 #245083 by jackonlyjack
Seats from 
bbclassics.co.uk
Extinguisher frame made from 16mm tube 
Formed to give maximum floor space in rear
Put in between seats for easy access 

More
04 Oct 2022 20:20 #245307 by DrRobin
Did the BB5s mount on the original Jimny seat bases or did you get something made? I can’t see anything on BBS website for Jimny, so not sure how they would mount.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
11 Oct 2022 18:26 #245399 by jackonlyjack

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds