BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:The long ranger 80ltr fuel tank figment

More
17 Jul 2022 04:22 #244113 by Old Neil
As you know there is an aftermarket 80ltr fuel tank that is designed for series 4 jimny,I've asked the company if it would fit series 3 but they said no
My question is, is the floor pan that different between series 3 and 4 jimny, would it be possible to make it fit?
Would it be legal if it was possible to fit it to series 3 as it was designed for series 4 ?
Thanks Neil

Sent from my SM-A336E using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2022 07:50 - 17 Jul 2022 07:55 #244114 by Soeley
I can't answer your question, I've never been under a Gen3.

If you haven't already seen this  VIDEO  it'll give you a good idea of what's involved. This Icelandic Jimny is one of the best heavily modified I've seen, at first glance you don't realise how much work has gone into it.

I guess the exhaust modification would be the same between Gen3 & 4?

Just wondering if the main difference is the original tanks, are they different with different mounting points?
Last edit: 17 Jul 2022 07:55 by Soeley.

More
17 Jul 2022 12:11 #244116 by Old Neil

Soeley wrote: I can't answer your question, I've never been under a Gen3.

If you haven't already seen this  VIDEO  it'll give you a good idea of what's involved. This Icelandic Jimny is one of the best heavily modified I've seen, at first glance you don't realise how much work has gone into it.

I guess the exhaust modification would be the same between Gen3 & 4?

Just wondering if the main difference is the original tanks, are they different with different mounting points?

Thanks Soeley,I've been following that Icelandic jimny site with interest been waiting for the one on fitting supercharger

More
17 Jul 2022 16:24 #244117 by Old Neil
Is there another way to check it out?,is late series 3 and series 4 fuel tank same part number?

More
17 Jul 2022 20:34 #244124 by Busta
I'd be very suprised if it couldn't be made to fit with some simple fabrication. All the important bits of both Jimnys are very similar and in the same places. I bet if you sent it to Keithy he'd make short work of sorting it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

More
19 Jul 2022 01:05 #244135 by Old Neil
Sorry jimny forum people's my mistake 80ltr fuel tank doesn't fit series 3 totally different platform sounds like longranger doesn't think there is a market for series 3 i guess they haven't seen this forum and what people do to their jimny's

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Jul 2022 04:13 #244137 by Lambert
It's a pity that, because not going to the fuel station every week would save time as would being able to get further round the top of Scotland without playing petrol roulette.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
19 Jul 2022 10:29 #244144 by Busta
There is a large discrepancy between how much people are prepared to spend accesorising a gen4 vs a gen3, so I suspect that's a big factor in their decision.
It's a shame because it's not a totally different platform at all. If anything it should be easier to fit on the Gen3 as the chassis is essentially the same, but with fewer added bits to get in the way.

More
19 Jul 2022 11:03 #244146 by fordem
I'm not certain how much of a market there is for it on the gen 4 - I was all for it until I got the pricing.

The Jimny is not, and was never designed to be, a long distance tourer, and even out where I am, where the filling stations are few & far between once you get out of the city, the cost of that tank would buy me a heck of a lot of fuel

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds