BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Jimny Bits Swaybar (Anti Roll Bar) Quick Disconnect. Thoughts ?

More
10 Apr 2022 16:19 #242835 by Rabid Rhino
Ordered. No diy kits so it's the pre-cut pre-welded fully assembled by Jimnybits option which I'll gladly take so don't have to ask anybody to cut an Anti Roll Bar in half then send it to me. 
Jimnybits also list off all the additional parts needed which I ain't got so vey helpful.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2022 16:30 #242836 by Rabid Rhino
Alternate options. I wonder why JimnyBits didn't do cut end links like these few examples.
(If I ever get a complete ARB I'll look at replacing the Jimny bits one and getting some disconnecting end links that fit straight from the supplier or even getting some modified to fit mabe even completely fabed.)

Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Apr 2022 17:59 - 10 Apr 2022 18:00 #242838 by Lambert
Because they know their market, the shiny stuff like that is not going to sell as well as it might in the Jeep community because there's a perception that Jimny stuff is budget end not high end.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 10 Apr 2022 18:00 by Lambert.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rabid Rhino

More
10 Apr 2022 21:11 #242842 by Busta
They wouldn't work on the Jimny. The Jimny drop links are very short and, with one removed, the end of the ARB passes very close to the droplink bracket (it may even hit the bracket, depending on how well your ARB is aligned in the chassis bushes.) You need to completely remove the drop link for it to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rabid Rhino

More
10 Apr 2022 22:40 #242845 by Rabid Rhino
Busta. 
And therein probably lies the reason why Jimnybits did it the way they did.

Lambert
$59 for 2 steel tubes with 2 steel tabs welded to them ain't cheap. Makes those $120 jeep end liinks look like good value.
I need to check how much my complete kit was with the used ARB.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Apr 2022 03:35 #242847 by Lambert
Ah yes value for money Vs sale price, there's a can of worms and no mistake!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
11 Apr 2022 11:34 #242851 by Dirtbird
I bought and use this and find it perfect .

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
11 Apr 2022 11:36 #242852 by Dirtbird

I usually sell a similar kit in complete kit form that you weld up yourself, but I’m unfortunately in various hospitals at the moment, si I’ve had to end all my eBay listings…

Bought one of these off Dave and works perfect , Im not racing or in trials but some of my farm work is tough and the extra flex is spot on . 

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
11 Apr 2022 12:57 - 11 Apr 2022 13:03 #242853 by Rabid Rhino
X buggy: nice kit. What are the blocks for ? Hope you're fixed soon and get back on the road to offroading

Here's what I gladly paid.
Basic kit:                                £69.00
Installed on good used ARB: £70.00
Total Price:                           £139.00
Little pricier than the jeep options but seeing as there's no alternative I think it's worth it plus they take the hassle out of cutting & welding making it truly bolt on. 
Like I said, saves me having to find one and asking the seller to cut it in half so as to post it.
Im not paid by them to say this.

Last edit: 11 Apr 2022 13:03 by Rabid Rhino.

More
11 Apr 2022 16:17 #242857 by jackonlyjack
The blocks in Dave's kit are spacers
For where the bushes mount to the chassis
When you do a suspension lift it changes the angle of arb
So they help keep the factory angles 

More
12 Apr 2022 06:29 - 12 Apr 2022 08:17 #242865 by X8GGY

I usually list these in 6, 12, 25, and 38mm but am unable to ship due to being incarcerated in various hospitals…

(Nicely finished Aluminium spacers with matching longer bolts and spring washers - £14.95, £19.95, £24.95, £29.95 including UK shipping)

The photo above shows original JimnyBits ~6mm ones stacked with some of my 12mm ones… 6mm to clear the dislocating arms and 12mm on top for the lift as JOJ mentioned…
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Apr 2022 08:17 by X8GGY.

More
12 Apr 2022 08:28 #242867 by X8GGY
I’ve got six anti roll bars in the man cave with the intention of offering complete bolt-on disconnect bars, but not had the time to make them up yet…

I think it’s the cutting and welding that puts most people off? This is why I offer mine as just the components you need, as if you have to weld some of it, you might as well weld all of it and save some money… or, buy a ready made up bar?

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds