BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

ABS sensors.

More
21 Oct 2021 13:01 #239549 by BGBrit
ABS sensors. was created by BGBrit
After getting my ABS sensor harness from Martin yesterday (Thank you Martin) the delivery having taken three weeks to come to Bulgaria and paying £30 for Custom Duty (BREXIT I guess) I spend the morning fitting the said harness. Easy enough job, as the harness has all the clips and reinforcements in the right place it's a simple matter of taking out the old and replacing with the new. I took off the front drivers side wheel, removed the brake calliper and disk. Unscrewed the old sensor and cleaned the hole it came out of, which was caked in rust, the new sensor would not fit until the hole was thoroughly cleaned with a small wire brush and120 grit cloth-backed sandpaper. Smearing the hole and the plastic surrounding the sensor with silicon grease I gently tapped it home, screwing back the grub screw, replaced the disk, calliper and wheel. Repeated the same on other passenger side. Just cutting away the old sensor harness as I went around the engine bay. Drove it for approx 2 minutes and the ABS light went out. Job done!  The access is okay from the back of the wheels and all can be done by ramping up the car, but, I wanted to check the distance between the sensor and the notched wheel as I replaced them, the distance  was about 1 mm, also I cleaned up the areas too, bit of cleaning up old rust and greasing. I would say 2-3 hours work doing it the easier way, where my way too about 4 hours.Tony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds