BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Intermittent starting issue from cold

• DrRobin
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Newbie in Northumberland
More
30 Oct 2021 08:44 #239738 by DrRobin
Historically I always thought that code readers were just an excuse to not do a proper service/investigation but in your case they have told you exactly where to look, which is just excellent news.

I bought a decent code reader/clearer a couple of years ago and it came with a free simple reader. Added to that I have an Android head with Torque Pro, so can keep an eye on fault codes.

I scan for codes regularly and often drive with a screen that shows graphs of O2 and MAF, especially after a misfire on my other (non Jimny) car.

Good luck with getting it fixed.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DrRobin
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Newbie in Northumberland
More
30 Oct 2021 08:56 #239739 by DrRobin
Torque Pro on my Jimny.

Fault codes and O2 graphs are on other screens.  This is my normal keep an eye on things whilst driving screen, just the odd glance officer.
Torque Pro will let you clear codes as well.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

More
30 Oct 2021 09:06 #239740 by LesNewell
 I used the free torque lite to read the fault codes. I doubt if I'll bother to show gauges for normal running. I'll generally be running a tablet in the Jimny for mapping so I will have the option if I change my mind.

Attachments:

More
30 Oct 2021 18:09 #239753 by LesNewell
Just out of morbid interest I took the TPS apart. The contact fingers had completely fallen off. Hopefully the new one will be in towards the middle of the week.

I now have all of the fault codes cleared apart from the throttle sensor and a P1600, no connection between TCM and ECM. I checked the wire with a scope and I can see data on the line at both the TCM and ECM so I'm a bit stumped on this one. The TCM is getting good power and ground. It also seems to shift okay, so the TCM must be running.

Searching on the net didn't find much useful info.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds