BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2WD-L on a late -2005 VVT

More
09 Aug 2021 08:18 - 09 Aug 2021 08:31 #237432 by Filfrasen
Replied by Filfrasen on topic 2WD-L on a late -2005 VVT
yakuza , i think you right.

I read in a other forum that people have "trick the 4WD system" when stuck whit flashing gren light on the panel,  simply by bridge the two white cabels to the vacum switch.

And you right again, the name is not "4WD 
computer", its  "4WD Controller"

I find a other drawing for older Jimnys how 4WD system work.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Aug 2021 08:31 by Filfrasen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2021 08:52 - 09 Aug 2021 08:57 #237433 by Filfrasen
Replied by Filfrasen on topic 2WD-L on a late -2005 VVT

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Aug 2021 08:57 by Filfrasen.

More
09 Aug 2021 10:49 - 09 Aug 2021 12:03 #237436 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic 2WD-L on a late -2005 VVT
You're going at this the wrong way. The function of that switch is to tell the hub controller whether or not there is a vacuum present, and this is used as an indicator that the system is "working" i.e. not leaking, and thus switchthe 4wd light on the dash. It does not have any effect on locking and unlocking the hubs. To do that you need to intercept the signal between the transfer case and the hub controller, or the hub controller and the vacuum solenoids, to trick it into not engaging the hubs.
One way would be to interrupt the power to the "lock" vacuum solenoid and simultaneously bridge the white wires, so the system thinks it has locked the hubs. The downside of this will be the dashboard will still display "4wd" even though you are in 2wd.
But I'm sure there is a better way. Unfortunately I don't have an electronic transfer case Jimny to play with.
Last edit: 09 Aug 2021 12:03 by Busta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Filfrasen, yakuza

More
10 Aug 2021 07:47 #237458 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic 2WD-L on a late -2005 VVT
OK, I see Busta. I have been thinking of trying this on my car, but I do not see the need for it. Had this on my SJ earlier and allthough I used it a couple of times, it was more of a problem if it was engaged  by mistake when I needed 4x4 and was in 2x4 by mistake. More annoying than helpful.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds