BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

M13a to m16a from an sx4

• BigJimDaddyP
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2021 17:06 - 23 May 2021 17:08 #235291 by BigJimDaddyP
M13a to m16a from an sx4 was created by BigJimDaddyP
Hi Guys, new here, I'm hoping someone can help me out here.
I have a 2005 jimny with the stock 1.3 vvt engine and I'm looking to put a 1.6 in that I have already bought but I can't find much information from anyone that has used this particular engine. 
It's a 1.6 vvt from a 2009 Sx4. Can this engine actually be fitted into my chassis?! 
If so, is it still a straight swap as I'm lead to belive from others that have fitted m13a engines from other cars like the swift etc?! 
Thanks
​​
Last edit: 23 May 2021 17:08 by BigJimDaddyP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2021 05:33 #235337 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic M13a to m16a from an sx4
Hi, I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct, but I don't think the SX4 engine works as well as a Liana engine. I understand the block is the same, but something to do with the sensors it uses.

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
25 May 2021 17:23 #235368 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic M13a to m16a from an sx4
I would expect it to be a straight swap. It will have higher compression ratio than the M13 vvt, but ive had success with a swift sport M16 with the higher compression ratio in the past.

Essentially all you want is the block and head. All the Jimny parts from oil sump to rocker cover have to swap over onto the donor engine, so it doesnt really matter which donor car (as long as you match for vvt or non vvt as relevant).

Info here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_M_engine

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds