BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:E10 fuel in pre-2001 models

More
27 Feb 2021 09:34 #233330 by Busta
E10 fuel (fuel with up to 10% ethanol content) is being rolled out later this year, and with it comes a level of confusion about which cars can use it. The good news is tt clearly states in the handbook of Jimny models from 2001 that fuels with up to 10% ethanol are fine so no problems for the vast majority of Jimny owners, but I'd like to know about earlier cars. Does anyone have a 1998-2000 handbook that they could check?

From what I understand the topic of ethanol fuels only really started in 2001 so it may be that although there is no mention of compatibility for earlier cars in the handbook they are indeed capable of using it. In which case, does anyone know if anything was changed in 2001 specifically relating to this? e.g. fuel lines, gaskets and other plastic parts relating to the fuel delivery system? Any part numbers changing around that time?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2021 11:14 #233332 by Roger Fairclough
Busta.
I would suggest an email to Suzuki customer services.

Roger

More
28 Feb 2021 05:52 #233346 by mlines
I asked Suzuki this question a while back. They came back with the answer that all Jimnys are ok on E10.

However it is fair to say that it was a single sentence question and single sentence answer and neither of us qualified the exact engine version

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
28 Feb 2021 11:13 #233352 by Busta
Well the simple answers are sometimes the best!

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds