BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

lifting my jimny

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jan 2011 09:29 #8631 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: lifting my jimny

pjlee25 wrote:

Adamski wrote: Another option is to use 2" spring spacers. All you need is shock extender brackets with the standard shocks. All comes in at around £100 I believe. If you do go for the full lift kit I would stay clear of the es3000s as I have these and they make the ride mega harsh. I'm hoping to have a go in someones jimny with es1000s to see if these are any softer.

Does that mean the by using a 2" spring spacer, there is no other modification needed? i.e. extension of hose, brake lines, pan-rod, bumper alignment, etc?

I've seen a couple of eBAY listing on 2" spring spacer... just want to confirm that the 4 pieces are all that is required to make my Jimny taller, whilst still maintaining the look.

I believe that it is just the spacers that are required, no need for different panhard rods, bumper mods, castor correction etc. The only thing I'm not to sure about is the longer brake hoses, a18suf should be able to confirm as she has 2" spacers on hers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2011 09:32 #8632 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re: lifting my jimny
As others have stated, if you space the springs by 2" then you need to extend/longer shocks as well.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds