× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

4wd low and high panel bulbs

More
02 Feb 2020 13:37 #217979 by Max Headroom
Thank you Dan! Yes, seems they come in bags of five or so.

I've got something similar here, but they're LEDs - I'm tempted to see if I can get one of those to work, but for now I can live with it.
[Lazy bugger doesnt want to dismantle it and find he can't get an LED to work]

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Feb 2020 15:40 - 02 Feb 2020 15:40 #217987 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic 4wd low and high panel bulbs
:D yeah i know what you mean :D
Last edit: 02 Feb 2020 15:40 by Daniel30.

More
07 Feb 2024 08:31 #254087 by DSJ271168
Hi,
Just picking up on this thread as i have the same problem. Did you get it sorted and if so, was it a big / difficult job?

More
07 Feb 2024 09:24 #254091 by DrRobin
It’s straight forward to do, getting the 4WD switch panel is the hardest thing. The switch panel is held in with two plastic clips moulded on to the sides, mine were very tight and quite difficult to compress.

If you lie in the footwell with a torch you can just see the spring clip.

The bulbs are a wire ended bulb, fairly low wattage. I got fed up with mine and replaced with a 3mm LED, but I wanted blue LEDs and could find any 12v blue LEDs with flexible wires, so soldered them in place.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
11 Feb 2024 11:50 #254226 by DSJ271168
Did you get round to replacing the bulbs? I managed to change the heater control on mine with a bit of difficulty, The temp control / 4WD side (right hand bulb looks impossible!!!!
If you’ve done yours would really love to know how

More
11 Feb 2024 17:44 #254232 by DrRobin
I did the bulbs in the 4WD selector switch twice, the second time fitted blue LEDs.

I also changed the bulbs behind the heater controls, I seem to remember I had to take off the temperature dial control and when I put it back together got the cable in the wrong place so it wouldn’t get hot enough. I had to take it back apart, re align the cable/lever and put it back together. I think I had to have two or three goes at getting it right, so wouldn’t advise taking the controls off.

To be honest I am not sure it made changing the bulbs any easier. There is probably a guide somewhere on how to do it.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
11 Feb 2024 17:59 #254233 by DSJ271168
Sounds difficult!!!! Looked for a guide/video but can’t seem to find one anywhere

More
21 Feb 2024 17:39 - 21 Feb 2024 17:44 #254501 by IzakJackson
Just replaced my 4wd and hazard bulbs thanks to this thread, much simpler process than I thought it would have been.

I went to swap the heater control bulbs, but it turns out they're different bulbs. Does anyone know what the correct one is? They're significantly dimmer now so want to replace!

Bonus points for anyone who can tell me how to swap the bulb on the heated mirrors/rear window button, I couldn't figure out where the bulb was.

I'm an adventure filmmaker & photographer exploring in my Gen 3 Jimny.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2024 17:44 by IzakJackson.

More
23 Feb 2024 12:21 #254530 by IzakJackson
Found out they're a Toshiba V-2 lamp. Got some on order.

For the heater button, when you unclip the cables from the back, you can also unclip the insert. You'll then find two lamps in the insert and can add the same ones that were used for the 4wd buttons.

Last lamp I want to figure out is the AC button, but getting the heater controls out fully is a bit of a pain.

More
06 Mar 2024 10:18 #254854 by IzakJackson
Got my heater controls sorted - crazy how dim the lamps got after 12 years!

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds