BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear Recovery Points Gen 4

More
22 Dec 2019 20:22 #216713 by wjamieson
My weekend job was fitting recovery points from Jimnybits. Ordered one evening. Received confirmation goods had been dispatched next day. Received goods next day. Very happy.

Very good quality, Bolts provided are 12 mm and very good quality. Instructions supplied were very good. Removal of rear bumper was as per instructions with regard to bolts. However I did have an issue with splitting the electrical connector. In addition the instructions did not refer to the wires running to the parking sensors. I am sure separating the connector is easy if you know what you are doing however I failed miserably. However there was just enough slack in the wiring to allow me to partially remove the bumper to grant me access to where I had to mount the recovery points.

Left hand side was easy. Right hand side was a bit more awkward because of the exhaust however still quite straight forward.

As you will see from the Pics I chose to paint the ends red rather than leave them as they come. Happy with my choice. All in all very happy with the purchase. Quite an easy install. Would have been easier if I had been able to split the electrical connector but still very happy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds