× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Jimny Gen 4 Diff Breathers?

More
27 May 2024 03:08 #256113 by Bob9863
Actually there's a very good reason for getting a snorkel around here other then fir water. We have heaps of long dirt roads and a snorkel let's you get fresh air without sucking in the dust. I had a GU patrol that was really susceptible to dust, on one road the filter would block every 10km or so and I'd have to take out the filter and shake the dust out, after I put a snorkel on it I never gad that problem.
It's also the best way to get cold air induction, it can at least in theory improve response and fuel economy but I've never really tested that out.
If your doing deep water then a snorkel alone isn't that helpful other then stopping water getting into the engine as so many other things mostly electrical will go wrong before water gets tucked into the engine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RumbleAndSway

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2024 15:43 #256129 by Filipao
As long as the fitted snorkel is less restrictive ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds