BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Cylinder Head Cover Gasket Replacement w/VVT

• Ben David
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2017 07:09 #186106 by Ben David
Hi all

I have to replace the gasket in my 2007 jimny. I found the manual and also a youtube video and it seems easy enough.
Just one thing - both manual and video refer to the engine without VVT. Couldn't find manual for VVT engine.
The gasket looks pretty the same (11189-54GE0 with VVT. 11189-54G00 without vvt. can't tell the difference between them).
So I'm pretty sure the operations are the same. Just worried maybe about the places to add sealant.

Does anyone know if there if any difference?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2017 06:31 - 15 Nov 2017 06:34 #186269 by skywalker65
Use a decent sealant such as 3 bond black ( eBay ) apply on the corners and half moon areas if applicable. Don't cover the whole surface area where the gasket fits .... It looks crap and is bad practice
Don't forget to replace the 4 gaskets around the spark plug recesses as well as the outer one. There's no point doing half a job

If in doubt ...... Flat out ??
Last edit: 15 Nov 2017 06:34 by skywalker65.

More
16 Nov 2017 17:00 #186331 by yakuza
i replaced my gasket (VVT) when i did the engine swap. I did not use any form of sealant just the rubber/silicone gasket i bought from Suzuki. On my new gasket the inner rubber rings for the spark plug recesses was integrated.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds