BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Correct Size Spacer To Cure Jimmy Lean

• Unrealmcoy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Oct 2016 16:22 #173120 by Unrealmcoy
Correct Size Spacer To Cure Jimmy Lean was created by Unrealmcoy
Hello All,

Recently fitted a Trail Master 50mm lift to old Jim. Upon fitting I discovered the springs are not handed like the factory ones, a little strange considering these kits are made for specific vehicles but 'hey ho'.

My question is does anyone know the size of spacer needed for the front offside to correct the lean?
And is it a one size fits all scenario or are different depths of spacer needed for different lifts?

My thinking is that because the spacer won't compress (much) it won't do to fit a spacer that evens the length coils as once they are bearing the weight of the truck the offside with the spacer will become too long

I know Bits 4 Vits sell a single 1.25" spacer claiming to do the job.

it doesn't have to be 100% level but i guess have a meticulous nature B)

As usual any thoughts welcome

- Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2016 19:22 #173127 by jackonlyjack

More
03 Oct 2016 19:36 #173128 by kirkynut
I would go with the 15mm as I went with 1" and I've made it lean the other way! Until my fat arse gets in the driver's seat that is!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
03 Oct 2016 21:20 #173131 by Halford
just measure the height on each side to the door handle "et voila" the difference = the spacer size required

;)

• Unrealmcoy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Oct 2016 10:14 - 04 Oct 2016 11:28 #173143 by Unrealmcoy
Replied by Unrealmcoy on topic Correct Size Spacer To Cure Jimmy Lean
After some measuring the front near side is up by 29 mm and the rear near side is up by 27mm (calculated by measuring from the wheel hub centers to the edge of the wheel arch)

However when measured at the springs the difference In length between the O/S and N/S springs when fitted is approximately 15mm front and back.

I'm going to fit a couple of 15mm as others have suggested and take it from there.

Il update this thread with the results once they're fitted.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2016 11:28 by Unrealmcoy.

More
12 Feb 2018 17:02 #189288 by furo
Hey bud, I have a similar issue with my 50mm Trailmaster lift - did the 15mm spacers sort it?

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds