× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Passenger airbag

More
10 Jul 2024 11:17 #256719 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Passenger airbag
My air bag warning light on the dash is still coming on when it feels like it so is there a way to either remove the bulb or somehow switch it out?
2020 Gen.4

Cheers

Roger
The topic has been locked.
More
10 Jul 2024 12:09 #256722 by Motacilla
Replied by Motacilla on topic Passenger airbag
No, and no.

Why would you want to bodge a new car? Use a scan tool to find the problem, and fix it. If you can't, then take it to a professional.

No offense intended, Roger, but disconnecting the warning light is simply shooting the messenger.
More
10 Jul 2024 20:15 #256727 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Passenger airbag
It's called desperation and being pissed off. I don't trust the main dealer ever since they got uppity when I said I would be doing the servicing from now on. I must try and find a decent auto-electrician in Redditch or district who knows the Jimnys systems. Not an easy job.

Roger

ps No offence taken, your comment was justified.
More
11 Jul 2024 13:07 #256737 by Motacilla
I sympathise, Roger, I really do.

Good help is hard to find. There might not be enough Suzukis on UK roads for there to be a Suzuki guru out there -- I don't know -- so maybe a very sharp all-makes or Japanese-only shop could be found. It could be the case that the failure message is being logged by the system, and anyone with a decent scan tool could then find it even when the light is not lit.

Or, and this is not ideal but might be an option, you could wait until the airbag light comes on and stays on, then even an incompetent main dealer shop almost couldn't avoid fixing it properly...

In any case good luck. Intermittent faults can drive one mad.
More
11 Jul 2024 15:05 #256738 by mbethel90
Replied by mbethel90 on topic Passenger airbag
Ok so does anyone know where i can purchase the passenger airbag from ?

That “instructional video” was really helpful btw. I thought forums were designed to share useful information and not goof around 
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Jul 2024 15:59 #256739 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Passenger airbag
I believe we have been rickrolled?

Is there a proper video explaining this or is this some obscure windup?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
11 Jul 2024 16:32 #256740 by Chops
Replied by Chops on topic Passenger airbag

Ok so does anyone know where i can purchase the passenger airbag from ?

That “instructional video” was really helpful btw. I thought forums were designed to share useful information and not goof around 

They're not easy to buy since they'll likely have deployed in wrecked cars and airbags aren't the kind of parts easily buyable through non mainline parts places in general. I have a feeling you also have to replace the actual SRS module (iirc Suzuki call it SDM) and code that to the car, so it's not a bolt in and drive away.

For at least RHD cars the part number for passengers airbag appears to be 73910-77R00-5PK. Couldn't easily spot the SDM in the parts diagrams to confirm what part that would be, but based on Suzuki's systematics for parts probably 38910-77R00 (38910 seems to be airbag control modules, 77R for JB64/JB74 parts).
The following user(s) said Thank You: mbethel90
More
11 Jul 2024 18:38 #256742 by mbethel90
Thank you. Tbh, I only want the dashboard to look normal again. If you know of any other advice, i would greatly appreciate it. I don't have any laws about needing the airbag system to work, nor do i drive at high speeds in the bahamas. And my jb74 is a LHD
More
11 Jul 2024 20:04 #256745 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Passenger airbag
What about something like this, even as a temporary measure?

AliExpress Link

eBay Link

More
11 Jul 2024 23:18 #256751 by mbethel90
I thought about this initially, but didn't like how it looked. I Guess i cant be picky since no1 knows how to find a replacement tho lol
Thanks for sharing a helpful solution!
More
12 Jul 2024 06:55 #256753 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Passenger airbag
A more expensive version  Escape Gear link
Their seat cover are great!
More
12 Jul 2024 07:15 #256754 by Motacilla
Used airbags in fact are quite easily found, even for something as unusual as the current Jimny. Ebay, national small ads sites, etc.

But our Bahamian poster has probably seen those adverts already, and didn't like the prices.  He is not looking to spend more than the bare minimum and feels that commonsense safety items are not worth the dosh. Also he has not yet figured out that his instrument panel and ECU will show a permanent airbag problem, even if he makes his dashboard hole look pretty.

He has a right to ask questions in the forum. I have the right to point out that he is being foolish.

Not to mention dishonest-- or did you think he was definitely intending to tell the future buyer of his Jimny about the perfectly camouflaged nonfunctional airbag?  

I humbly suggest to others on the forum that it is not in your own best interest to help people cover up mechanical, structural, or safety problems on used cars.  Think about what you are doing.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds