BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

i need a engine, but what to get?

More
08 Nov 2010 23:57 #5816 by kirkynut
The Vitara 1.6 would be the easiest. You could get an 8v on a carb and do an SJ conversion which would negate the need for most of the electrics. The speedo works off a sensor on the transfer box and I don't know what it needs to work though.

If it is from a donor vehicle made before 1992 you could lose the cat but a Jimny engine is better waterproofed with the coil packs though.

To fit a diesel engine - how does an SJ413 gearbox fit on a Jimny I wonder? I say this because the concersion plates exist for all manner of diesel engines - Rhinoray can sort them out.

On that note, perhaps a call to Rhinoray might assist. He might want to develop a new product and have you as his guinea pig. You don't know if you don;t ask!

Otherwise I'm sure he would not mind if you picked his brains on the subject. There might be a reason why he hasn't done it already.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds