BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

ABS pump - noise

• Caulkheader
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2010 06:23 #5374 by Caulkheader
ABS pump - noise was created by Caulkheader
Hi -

I have a 2009 manual Jimny. I have had it about two weeks and what a great little vehicle it is!

Its been back to the dealer because of a noise when I first pull away. Its a faint humming for about 2 seconds that occurs hen the car reaches about 5mph. Thats it for the journey until the car is started again.

The Suzuki daler hadnt come accross this beofre but is now telling me they all do it at that its the ABS pump self testing? I have seen a post elswhere saying the same thing but have never come accross this with other cars I have owned.

Is this correct, do they all do it?

Cheers

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2010 07:02 #5375 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: ABS pump - noise
Hi Bud,

That sounds about right to me. I have an Astra VXR and when it is first started, as soon as I hit 8mph I hear a clunk (souds like something falling off the engine!). This is the 2nd astra ive had and they both did exactly the same. Anyway turns out it is just the ABS pump doing a self test and letting you know it is working.

• 4wheelers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2010 08:36 #5376 by 4wheelers
Replied by 4wheelers on topic Re: ABS pump - noise
I have a 2005 jimny with abs. I don't realy notice a noise when setting off. When the abs is in operation on a slipery surface the pedal will pulse and there is a strange noise from the abs solinoid. It all seems to work and does the job well though.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds