BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

KAP GRP Wings

• oxford_bloke
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Oct 2010 13:23 #5291 by oxford_bloke
KAP GRP Wings was created by oxford_bloke
Hi guys,

just a quick question about KAP GRP Wings, was having a look at them and thought they are good i like the fact they are single skinned and wide arched but how robust are they. Im trying to build a challenge truck so they will take a bit of a beating i would have thought,

Cheers Guys

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2010 16:53 #5292 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: KAP GRP Wings
Hi there,

Being GRP I would expect them to be quite rigid and not like being bashed without being damaged. You could incorporate a bar that protects them into your cage but I expect that they will still get damaged under challenge conditions.

I would look to simply remove the old ones and replace them with defender style flexible arches if you need more width.

There are people on this forum with them though and I think some that compete in challenges with them so perhaps they will advise you on their findings.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• oxford_bloke
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Oct 2010 17:56 #5294 by oxford_bloke
Replied by oxford_bloke on topic Re: KAP GRP Wings
cheers kirkynut,

thats what i was expecting having dealt with grp in small amounts on aircraft once it goes it goes bad

tom

More
25 Oct 2010 15:03 - 25 Oct 2010 15:04 #5349 by Asbojimny
Replied by Asbojimny on topic Re: KAP GRP Wings
Btittle might not be the correct word but they do tend to crack on impact. Had 2 jimnys with them on and all have had damage.

Notice near to bulk head the damaged wing.

But the cage will take the brunt of any impact :)

scottishmudclub.com
Last edit: 25 Oct 2010 15:04 by Asbojimny. Reason: forgot photo

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds