BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Tyres touching arch

• Big.Banny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2010 12:13 #5217 by Big.Banny
Tyres touching arch was created by Big.Banny
Hi guys.
Following up from the wheel alighment side to side which was resolved with the panhard rods my friend has now lifted his jimny further and put on bigger tyres.
The images below show the issue.

The drivers side (europe) wheel is fine. Sits in the arch with plenty room and clearance through the whole movement range of the wheel.

The passenger side however

and when the wheel is turned

hits the wheel arch.
The radius arms look straight as does the axle. He thinks the car has been is a bump earlier in life but wondered what your guys opinions were as to a soloution or point to the problem.

all the pics are here

www.mx6-uk.com/jimny

carera images so not good sorry

cheers
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nelson83
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2010 14:53 #5218 by Nelson83
Replied by Nelson83 on topic Re: Tyres touching arch
My first impressions are that the last picture shows that it hasn't got standard factory arches on - on mine the eyebrow part is plastic and is clipped to the steel wing. On the bottom picture, it shows that the wing and eyebrow are all one moulded piece - are these the KAP wings people fit? If so, that might be the problem - has the passenger side had a ding and been rewinged with a KAP one

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2010 15:48 #5219 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: Tyres touching arch
I had to chop quite a bit off my wings to get the larger tyres on.
Attachments:

• Big.Banny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2010 16:20 #5220 by Big.Banny
Replied by Big.Banny on topic Re: Tyres touching arch
Thanks for the reply. No these are not the KAP ones the Jimny is in Greece.
Thing is the arch fitting has not even been a thought yet it could be a resonable assumption since the car was in a bump.

I will let him know and see what he thinks.

I suggested the cut of the arch but he doesnt want to as the other side is perfect.

cheers guys

Nelson83 wrote: My first impressions are that the last picture shows that it hasn't got standard factory arches on - on mine the eyebrow part is plastic and is clipped to the steel wing. On the bottom picture, it shows that the wing and eyebrow are all one moulded piece - are these the KAP wings people fit? If so, that might be the problem - has the passenger side had a ding and been rewinged with a KAP one

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds