BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Wheel Wobble - New Radius Arms?

• Adamski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Oct 2010 18:10 #4949 by Adamski
Wheel Wobble - New Radius Arms? was created by Adamski
Since giving my Jimny a 3" suspension lift, the handling of my Jimny has become somewhat worsened and between 30mph - 40mph I get a really bad wheel wobble.

When I was getting my new wheels fitted, the guy at the 4x4 place reckons that the cause of the wheel wobble is the castor correction bushes. Does anyone know whether fitting the below radius arms from Offroad-Armoury would completely stop the wheel wobble and bring the handling back to how it was before it was lifted?

Cheers,

Adam

=================================================

INDIVIDUAL SUSPENSION COMPONENTS.

If you have Lifted your Jimny and now it handles like a brick on top of a blamange, Well here's your fix, + your adding some serious beef to your vehicle at the same time. Our radius arms return your steering castor angle back to it's correct position, helping to keep your Jimny driving like it should. They are also designed to position your axle back in to it's proper relation to the coil turrets, compensating for the arc of the suspension lift.

Our Radius arms are simply "THE BEEFIEST" radius arms on the market today. They are Jig welded and built constructed using the correct materials for the application. Our bush sleeves are CNC machined for a perfect fitting suspension bush, 1.5" OD SEAMLESS tube with a 1/4" wall thickness (that's nearly 7mm thick!) combined with 12mm CNC laser profiled mounting plates for a super tough durable product that will take all the abuse you can throw at them!.
Fitting is very straight forward, as they are a direct replacement for the std Jimny arms, please note that your std bushes will require pressing out of your old radius arms, and and then pressing in to your new castor corrected radius arms. (Tooling also available to buy £25, of comes free if you purchase a full vehicle set)
All arms come finished in black powder coat.
Price information
JRA301 - 3" FRONT PAIR - £311.38 (£265 ex VAT)
JRA302 - 3" REAR PAIR - £311.38 (£265 ex VAT)
JRA303 - 3" FULL VEHICLE SET - £581.63 (£495 ex VAT)
JRA451 - 4.5" FRONT PAIR - £311.38 (£265 ex VAT)
JRA452 - 4.5" REAR PAIR - £311.38 (£265 ex VAT)
JRA453 - 4.5" FULL VEHICLE - £581.63 (£495 ex VAT)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2010 19:04 #4994 by kirkynut
If fitted correctly I can't imagine that it will be the bushes - however, I have often wondered how you can be sure that you have them fitted exactly right.

You could have the bush just a few mm out and it would make a big difference on the geometry of the axle!

So I have not bothered correcting my castor and I am happy with it as it is but if you think that your bushes are the issue then the ORA arms will solve it - but I'm not convinced that is the problem.

I recently had wheel wobble at 36MPH and just either side of it and replacement of a front wheel bearing solved it.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds