BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

I think I've fu*#%d my Jimny :(

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2013 12:47 #66032 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic I think I've fu*#%d my Jimny :(
If the heater fan running ?
Have you checked for airlocks ?
Take rad cap off and rev engine , the coolant will bubble as the air makes its way out just keep topping up the rad untill no more bubbles come out when you rev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hjb_1990
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2013 17:01 #66099 by hjb_1990
Replied by hjb_1990 on topic I think I've fu*#%d my Jimny :(
Well my jimny has always produced a little white smoke from exhaust on a cold morning but as soon as engine warms up a bit it stops but this is common on a lot of cars and never usually a cause for concern

• Beano
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2013 18:58 #66114 by Beano
Replied by Beano on topic I think I've fu*#%d my Jimny :(

hjb_1990 wrote: Well my jimny has always produced a little white smoke from exhaust on a cold morning but as soon as engine warms up a bit it stops but this is common on a lot of cars and never usually a cause for concern

I had a new head gasket done ages ago. Head was skimmed and ported and fittend a full new exhaust system....still a few teeny white puffs on a cold morning but clears soon enough. Never worried about it tbh...

• JivingDaddy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2013 08:58 #66160 by JivingDaddy
Replied by JivingDaddy on topic I think I've fu*#%d my Jimny :(
Maybe I should check mine then. I thought it was just the CO smoking her pipe (she likes a bit of old shag in the mornings)! :laugh:

• sam_516
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2013 10:06 #66445 by sam_516
Replied by sam_516 on topic I think I've fu*#%d my Jimny :(
I had a similar problem, randomly my jimny would just overheat radiator boiled dry and over flow bubbling away, turn out to be my radiator cap was stuffed, was a $6 super cheap auto special...

• winter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2013 20:25 #66476 by winter
Replied by winter on topic I think I've fu*#%d my Jimny :(
hi check for water in the truck is floor wet as could be your heater maytrexs thats what it sounds like to me

hjb_1990 wrote: Not very happy with myself today. I think I've ruined my Jimny. Basically I haven't had it long and when I first got it obviously did all the engine checks and have done once a month through the winter. However the other day the engine management light came on and my heating in the jimny stopped working which I though odd. Took a look under the bonnet and the coolant tank was empty! I dunno how it ha emptied so quick! Anyway I cleaned all the bottle out and topped it up along with filling the rad up with coolant.

I ran my jeep for 20 min to warm up and pump it through a bit. The temp gauge goes up nice and quick and sits in the middle where it should. I can feel obvious heat from the engine with bonnet up but still no heat through vents inside. I checked the oil and doesn't seem to be any browny liquid to suggest hea damage but there was quite a bit of gunk in the coolant bottle and small amounts in the rad. The engine is running sweet and idles well and drives as good as ever so no obvious damage yet!?

Any suggestions on whether I've buggered it and/or how to sort the heating? Should I do a full flush/change of both coolant and oil ASAP?

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds