BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Good DIY breather guide

• GuardianAngel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Nov 2012 23:42 #53970 by GuardianAngel
Good DIY breather guide was created by GuardianAngel
Found this guide for DIY breathers, might be useful. Nice clear explanation and good photos. Will add this to my list of things to do :P

www.danbp.org/w/Extending_the_breathers_of_the_Suzuki_Jimny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2012 01:07 #53987 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Good DIY breather guide
very good, but from experience, the end needs to be higher as it is possible to get that area wet.
personally, when i ran the breather kit for Ooky, (£20 ebay) i routed the pipe into the airbox. when I fitted a snorkel, i changed the pipe route up into the head of the snorkel.. pix on here somewhere

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

• iloveics
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2012 22:54 #54078 by iloveics
Replied by iloveics on topic Good DIY breather guide
Is that right what he said about the gearbox?

I've only got diff breathers at the moment and i went fording, recently changed the oil in the t-case and g-box, neither of which have breathers, anyway the oil in the t-case was fine (which sits lower....) but the gearbox oil reminded me of k-series headgasket failure haha.

strange

• jimnydms
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2012 13:35 #54809 by jimnydms
Replied by jimnydms on topic Good DIY breather guide
hi what does everyone think of this DIY breather guide? is it a good one to follow or does anyone els have any tips ??

cheers

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds