BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Wing indicator

• jimnyonhigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Nov 2012 19:50 - 11 Nov 2012 19:52 #52912 by jimnyonhigh
Wing indicator was created by jimnyonhigh
:unsure:

Hi guys
My wing indicator orange case has come away leaving the bulb exposed in the white casing. Does anybody have an idea how to remove the indicator unit away from the wing as one of the clips has come away which made the orange case fly away during a play day weekend.
Be grateful for any help, looks easy but I don't want to do any damage.

Thanks

Attachment not found

Last edit: 11 Nov 2012 19:52 by jimnyonhigh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Nov 2012 19:57 #52916 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Wing indicator
put an orange buld in it (501a) if you want to remove the unit take the inner wing cover off and push it out from behine after you squees the clips together

• jimnyonhigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Nov 2012 20:03 #52922 by jimnyonhigh
Replied by jimnyonhigh on topic Wing indicator
Hi thank you for the reply, one of the clips had broken so I assume the orange case had flown away or got knocked during a outing. Is removing the wing a simple job ? I ordered the hole unit as otherwise the orange cover would just fly away again unless I glued it on.

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Nov 2012 20:17 #52927 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Wing indicator
The part that attaches to the orange lens (with the broken clip) unclips from the connector with the wiring going into it. Toremove the inner plastic wing guards just prise out the round plastic clip centres then the whole clip will come out, I believe there are also some small screws/bolts, all quite straightforward and easy to see.

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Nov 2012 20:20 #52928 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Wing indicator
Also the orange lens cover just pushes and clips onto the grey base unit (thats the part with the side clips on).

• jimnyonhigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Nov 2012 20:26 #52929 by jimnyonhigh
Cheers guys ill have a look when I get the unit sent to me, at first I thought somebody robbed the orange case but on close inspection I think one of the clips on the grey unit behind where the orange case should go had been broken away obviously flinging the cover away.
Cheers for your replies, amazing a simple job can come across so daunting. Used to more serious jobs!

Thanks again

More
12 Nov 2012 17:57 - 12 Nov 2012 17:59 #53030 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Wing indicator
Steve you don't need to remove the inner wing just do as I've done in the photos with a plastic card.

Pull the top of the indicator unit with your thumb so you can get the corner of the plastic card between the wing and the indicator.

Now move it around to side, push the card into the indicator and it will pop out.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Nov 2012 17:59 by dirtydogz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimnyonhigh

• jimnyonhigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2012 19:14 #53041 by jimnyonhigh
Cheers dirtydogz!

I have not got the unit sent to me yet but this will save loades of time, amazing!
i take it it is as simple to place it back in once its out ? i understand you just pull the connector out behind the grey unit and connect the connector to the new unit and then just press the unit back in place ?
Cheers for uploading the pics to, smashing help.

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2012 20:01 - 12 Nov 2012 20:52 #53054 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Wing indicator

jimnyonhigh wrote: ... you just pull the connector out behind the grey unit and connect the connector to the new unit and then just press the unit back in place ?
quote]

Take care the 'plug lead' does not pull back inside the wing (this is bassed on my other car) wrap something around the plug as you disasemble ready to reasemble. .... ;)

Last edit: 12 Nov 2012 20:52 by Tadpole.

• jimnyonhigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Nov 2012 20:10 #53056 by jimnyonhigh
Christ thats a very good point!
Knowing me that is something i would not think about, i guess theres not much slack regarding the plug lead.

Cheers Tadpole

More
13 Nov 2012 17:42 - 13 Nov 2012 17:43 #53150 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Wing indicator
OK TIP NUMBER TWO. :cheer: :laugh: :silly:

Just use a peg off your washing line. :pinch:

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Nov 2012 17:43 by dirtydogz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tadpole, jimnyonhigh

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Nov 2012 18:42 #53161 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Wing indicator
good tip that dirtydogz ill have to put a peg in my tool box iv had a few multi plug fly back in when up pluged

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds