× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Panhard fouling steering arm

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2012 19:10 #49690 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Panhard fouling steering arm
I am looking to get a more condensed fitting than the tie rod to mount to my pitman arm. Does anyone know if there is a rose joint available for this fitting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2012 17:16 #49745 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Panhard fouling steering arm
do you no what the tread size is and did you have any luck shaving down the panard rod coler

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2012 20:17 #49770 by Smoggy
Ive just left it for now Mark. Have refitted the exhaust and managed to start the car so must have connected the fuel lines up ok at least :) My main problem now is power steering fluid pi**ing out of the high pressure connection to the steering box so will have to address this tomorrow. There is also a constant really bad screeching like fan belt slipping. The power steering res is being kept full and there is underseal on the fan belt. Any ideas mate. gonna change the fan belt and power steering belt tomorrow too as a precaution.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2012 20:27 #49772 by markyp2000
did you put new seals on the pipe and id start with changing the belts then at least you no thay are new

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2012 20:38 #49773 by Smoggy
The pipe was a banjo connection to the steering box with a copper washer each side of the banjo. I reused the copper washers, might get 2 new ones of those as well to be on the safe side.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2012 20:59 #49778 by markyp2000
yer there what i ment lol

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Oct 2012 21:09 #49779 by Smoggy
The old high pressure pipe was leaking so I got one from cam suzuki to replace it. The end that goes onto the steering box is slightly different to the one I had. The old banjo fitting had a flat cast on the end of the banjo, this one has a flat cast onto the pipe just before the banjo if that makes sense. When I remove the radiator tomorrow ( to do the belts) I will have to get a good close up look of where the banjo meets the steering box to ensure the flat is causing the banjo to not seat properly.

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Nov 2012 16:09 #52231 by Smoggy

markyp2000 wrote: on your panard rod did you get the cone spacers things could you not shave some off so it sits towards the back and then space it at the front with washers

Just done exactly as you suggested Mark and there is now a couple of mm daylight between them woohoo and now I dont have to mess about changing the drag link :)

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Nov 2012 17:15 #52240 by markyp2000
cool that good to here

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds