BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fix one problem another shows us!

• ne-crock
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2012 17:41 #48313 by ne-crock
Fix one problem another shows us! was created by ne-crock
So fixed my gearbox problem took if for a spin to make sure,

And now occasionally my 4wd light does not come on when selected, even when the light comes on i hear no hubs locking, but does not flash to indicate a problem,

Anyone any ideas i think i may just switch to manual hubs but prefer a cheap fix to an expensive one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2012 18:53 #48323 by Johnniehec
Maybe the hubs are stuck locked and that's why you can't hear them locking when you select 4wd?
one of mine was stuck unlocked, stripped them down and one had a bit of rust in it ( I'd run on an event a while before with one of the rubber pipes pulled off the hub so moisture must have got in then) cleaned them both up and re greased them and they've been OK since.
john.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds