BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

205/80/16 InsaTurboSpecialTrack/Malatesta Kaimans

More
13 Sep 2010 20:53 #4636 by kirkynut
I know tyres have been discussed over and over but most spoken about are 15's.

I have a set of 16" GV wheels with Kumho KL71's in this size, which I bought as I was going alot of road driving on holidays to the Lakes to go Greenlaning there. These perform well on road and on rocks, so they were good. They are OK in mud.

Now my offroading is getting muddy and extreme as I am trying to use my car more and closer to home.

I've just had a great weekend at Slindon and a great day yesterday at my club site.

But I need more grip so have only one choice of tread pattern for the maximum possible!

Has anyone got a set of either of these fitted in this size?

If so, what is the actual diameter measurement of them on the car and what sort of cutting has needed to be done and to where to stop any rubbing? I have a 3 inch lift and no body lift.

I know the Insas come up larger than the size they should be but have no experience of the Malatesta's.

Thanks for any help.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds