BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Trailmaster shocks rubbing rear axle spring seat!!

• Juggernaut
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jul 2012 21:31 #44741 by Juggernaut
I'm installing a 3" lift on my 06 Jimny everything is done except for the bottom rear shock bolts, because as I was torqueing them down I seen the trailmaster shocks are hitting the rear axle spring seats. The trailmasters are a lot bigger than the stock shocks. I haven't got the camber adjustment bushings yet, and honestly didn't think I would need them in the back. Has anyone else seen this, or have any insite to this problem? I was thinking that when I get it out of the garage and roll down the street it might slide the shock down the bolt a little because of the angle of the axle shock mount, but I don't want to test this if I have to return the shocks and explain why there are holes burnt into the sides of them. The number on the shocks is 57380 and they are oil filled. Any help would be great! I can send pictures if needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2012 21:43 - 22 Jul 2012 21:49 #44742 by dirtydogz

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jul 2012 21:49 by dirtydogz.

More
22 Jul 2012 21:51 #44743 by Johnniehec
You beat me to it dirtydogz! These do three things, extend the length, turn the mouning eyes 45 degrees which overcomes the camber problem and moves them further from the axle/ springs. After I fitted a 2 inch jimnybits spring lift I pulled the rear shocks off their bottom mount twice, fitting these cured that too.
John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

• Juggernaut
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jul 2012 22:06 #44744 by Juggernaut
Thank you very much Gentlemen!!! I was worried that this was going to get expensive, well more expensive! If your ever in Germany and get stuck gimme a call and I'll bring my shovel and some beers!!!

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds