BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

King Pins and E10

More
16 Jul 2010 14:47 #3852 by auchenblae
King Pins and E10 was created by auchenblae
Has everyone used an E10 socket to remove the freewheeling hub bolts or did they find a 8mm socket appeared to fit.

I have ordered the socket but it has not arrived and would like to get on with the job or should I wait.

eddie

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2010 17:27 - 16 Jul 2010 17:27 #3853 by MigCooper
Replied by MigCooper on topic Re:King Pins and E10
Hi

I would wait if I has you. A friend damaged one using the 8mm and couldn't remove it after...

use the correct tools for the job. ;)

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...
Last edit: 16 Jul 2010 17:27 by MigCooper.

More
16 Jul 2010 17:41 #3856 by auchenblae
Replied by auchenblae on topic Re:King Pins and E10
MigCooper wrote:

Hi

use the correct tools for the job. ;)

I knew that would be the case. So good to wait.

eddie

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07

• P.Y.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jul 2010 15:17 #3989 by P.Y.
Replied by P.Y. on topic Re:King Pins and E10
Get the right tool for the job - yes, but where do I get this socket from? Is there a website or email address for info? thanks...

More
29 Jul 2010 17:23 #3990 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:King Pins and E10
Halfords is your friend .... just stick "E10 Socket" in Google and you will get loads of online retailers ... expect to pay no more than £5 for one

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
29 Jul 2010 17:31 #3992 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:King Pins and E10
You just want an e10 socket to fit your toolkit.

Any motor factors will sell you one.

Halfords do a set

But if you are doing a lot of maintenance, and you don't have any tools, it might be an idea to buy a toolkit, halfords have a good one on a special offer, pretty much everything you will ever need for £120,
go to halfords.com and put 370635 in the search box. It is a lot of money to undo 12bolts though....

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
29 Jul 2010 18:46 #3993 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:King Pins and E10
I have one of the older Halfords tool kits which has everything in it and I highly recommend it as being good value and comprehensive.

Occasionally I want a socket in half inch and it's only in 1/4 or 3/4 drive but I have an older tool kit from them which has those in it so I raid that.

It is well worth the money and mine lives in the back of my Jimny permanently. I have a sall tool box to supplement it with screw drivers (free fom Halfords when I bought my last lot of oil and rated as a Best Buy in Car Mechanics Mag) some pliers, cutters, crimpers, connectors and mole grips etc.

You'll be glad you bought it as you progress on to bigger things.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Knight.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2010 06:51 #4020 by Knight.
Replied by Knight. on topic Re:King Pins and E10
facade wrote:

You just want an e10 socket to fit your toolkit.

Any motor factors will sell you one.

Halfords do a set

But if you are doing a lot of maintenance, and you don't have any tools, it might be an idea to buy a toolkit, halfords have a good one on a special offer, pretty much everything you will ever need for £120,
go to halfords.com and put 370635 in the search box. It is a lot of money to undo 12bolts though....

I bought a full set from these guys and i have been very impressed with the tool kit :) only advice i offer to anyone that get this set is keep the foam insert or socket wont stay where they are suppose to.

More
02 Aug 2010 07:42 - 02 Aug 2010 07:43 #4022 by MigCooper
Replied by MigCooper on topic Re:King Pins and E10
Hi

I got this set from ebay:

Link

Perfectly happy with it .... :)

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...
Last edit: 02 Aug 2010 07:43 by MigCooper.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds