BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Strange happenings ....

More
28 May 2010 21:05 - 28 May 2010 21:07 #3477 by ooky_123
Well, due to the early return of the company car, and having to wait until September to order a new one, I find myself having to use the Jimny in "Road Mode" for the rest of the summer.

Ive only been out and about a few times as the car has been parked at Heathrow for a few weeks whilst i travel.

Anyway, Let me get to the point ...

Firstly, the starter issue is still happening ... its a strange one, I have a 1000CCA battery currently in the back that I have kept incase of starting issues, but, even running the Monster battery though a set of very heavy duty jump leads, the solenoid still "clicks" on occasion. I notice that the ( ! ) light comes on when I turn the key and it "clicks".. sometimes the car will start straight off, other times ... nothing until I have turned the key up to a dozen times.

Since the starter was removed, I have cleaned and renewed all the earths, the battery terminals and the connectors between the starter / solenoid and the battery.

Im starting to wonder if I should get a new starter from Suzuki and replace it.
Qn.. could it be the immobiliser ?

Secondly, The extended brake hoses were fitted and not the brakes are totally Cr4p!! ... have bled almost a litre of brake fluid though them and still no good
Pads and discs are reasonable, so I dont think excessive wear is the cause ...

Thirdly. I fitted some 30mm spacers, and also our 8x15 alloys. The tyre sticks out about 15mm past the arches, and I would have thought the handling would have improved, but no ... I have checked and even reduced the tyre pressures lower than I would normally run them, and I dont think its "Death Wobble" but im open to suggestions ..

Anyone ?

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland
Last edit: 28 May 2010 21:07 by ooky_123. Reason: forgot some stuff !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds