BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Oil leak woes

More
21 May 2010 05:20 #3423 by ml1275
Oil leak woes was created by ml1275
After getting an advisory in last weeks MOT I though I'd better sort out my monster oil leak.

So a knuckle scraping Sunday removing the sump, cleaning it up and refitting. It turns out that my oil leak is not coming from there.
To be honest you couldn't tell due to everything being covered in years of oily muck! Anyway, it turns out (once I had cleaned up all the cack) that it is coming from the back of the block somewhere and making itself known in the area of the tin plate flywheel cover. My best guess now is the rear crank seal or the gasket around the seal holder. Question: is it possible to replace the seal with the engine in (ie by dropping the gearbox back?)

Any other ideas are, of course, very welcome.

ML

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2010 05:38 #3426 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Oil leak woes
Yes it is possible but there is very little room. See my article on changing the clutch

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
21 May 2010 07:50 #3432 by ml1275
Replied by ml1275 on topic Re:Oil leak woes
Ooh - I see what you mean. Might be a trip to my dads to borrow his engine hoist then!!

Anybody else come across this kind of leak?

ML

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds