BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re: Killer wobble Everything is shaking

• Dutchjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2012 13:19 #34181 by Dutchjimny
Re: Killer wobble Everything is shaking was created by Dutchjimny
I will try to explain what we did in my best english..

First guess was the lower panhardrod mount.. the bolt had seized the thread in the captive nut so the stealer tapped new thread in it (£21) and I drove off but soon noticed it didnt solve the killer wobble.
Went back to the dealer and he came with me for a ride and couldnt tell me exact what was wrong and said the kingpins had worn and if that didnt cure the problem he'd start replacing stuff till it worked out (read expensive!!!!!) so I went to my friend from www.customoffroad.eu and we took the car for a drive we than changed the tires from back to front.. No difference after that we swapped for Sj413 standart steely's but again it didnt solve the wobble.. double checked everything underneath the car to see if there was any play somewhere.. we couldnt find anything.. So he offered me a solution that was to cut the welds a little on the ends of the axle and rotate the swiveljoints backwards 3degrees in that way the kingpins aligned better with the steering of the weels.. you need to see the jimny front wheels as those shoppingcar wheels once they go straight its all ok but at some speed they rattle around cause they are not exactly in line ( will draw a picture cause it says more than thousand words) He than adjusted the steering a little tighter and all the irritating wobble dissapeared.. hope you guys get it..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dutchjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2012 13:32 #34185 by Dutchjimny
Replied by Dutchjimny on topic Re: Killer wobble Everything is shaking
Like this

Attachment wheels.png not found

Attachments:

More
26 Feb 2012 19:13 #34267 by j999pre
Mine has wobble but cutting the axles seems drastic?

Glad it worked for you

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds