BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

smoky startup

• bryandenham
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 May 2010 14:27 #3408 by bryandenham
smoky startup was created by bryandenham
Hi again,
2" spring spacers and damper extensions plus extended bump stops. seems ok so far.
Reason for writing is a cloud of smoke on stsrt up from cold, perfectly ok for rest of day. I did think valve stem oil seals but it doesn't smoke except on cold start. Any ideas folks? It has done 115,000 but goes well and starts fine with no smoke from rocker box with cap off or from breathers when dis-connected. Oil level is correct.
Is there a foible, (love that word), that just afflicts jimnies? Oh yes its the 16 valve single cam.

Thanks. Bryan D. Isle of Man.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2010 09:00 #3413 by JonathonMarshall
Replied by JonathonMarshall on topic Re:smoky startup
Well you've already checked what cured it for me. The oil was a little low and now its not done it since. Was definately oily type pale smoke on mine though.

More
21 May 2010 05:26 #3424 by ml1275
Replied by ml1275 on topic Re:smoky startup
Mine does this @ 60,000 miles (or so it says on the clock!) A proper smokers cough on cold startup.

ML

• bryandenham
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2010 16:23 #3434 by bryandenham
Replied by bryandenham on topic Re:smoky startup
thanks for the replies folks BUT who knows what the prob is OR can suggest anything?? :unsure:

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds