BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rocker Cover Gasket replaced ! Oil Light ?

• Fearghal Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2012 17:22 #34027 by Fearghal Murphy
Rocker Cover Gasket replaced ! Oil Light ? was created by Fearghal Murphy
Howya again gang !

Just replaced the rocker cover gasket on the Jimny, not too tough a job, took my time and all seams well after, however my Engine Oil Warning light remains illuminated on the dash ?

Common problem or shall it go out after a while ?

Thanks folks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2012 17:29 #34028 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: Rocker Cover Gasket replaced ! Oil Light ?
Was the oil light on before you replaced the rocker cover gasket? Do you have oil? Do you have clean oil and filter? Have you checked the oil sender unit for good connection?

• Fearghal Murphy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2012 17:46 #34029 by Fearghal Murphy
Replied by Fearghal Murphy on topic Re: Rocker Cover Gasket replaced ! Oil Light ?
Zook, thanks dude !

Ye oil levels are all good and the light was off before, it has gone out now, ran the engine up to temp , cooled it down n then went for a drive and it is off now permanently ! Must have just been on while there was a lack of oil pressure in the top of the engine !

Come to think of it when i did the headgasket on my old car it was the same story !

Thanks for the speedy reply zook !

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds