BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

3" lift on a 2post lift?

• Dutchjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2012 13:31 #33965 by Dutchjimny
3" lift on a 2post lift? was created by Dutchjimny
Today I wanted to raise the jim on a 2post lift.. but we ware afraid of the brakelines snapping off (they get stretched like guitar snare's..) I have the ORA extended ones.. will they hold lifted? or do i need longer ones?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• X-Eng Simon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2012 19:46 #33982 by X-Eng Simon
Replied by X-Eng Simon on topic Re: 3" lift on a 2post lift?
For your own safety, your brake lines should be long enough that they are still slack at full travel. It might be worth using the lift to gently test for this! If not, Llama4x4 will make up lines to whatever length you require. David, the owner is very knowledgable about that kind of thing too and should be able to advise.

Si

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2012 08:40 #33998 by g187eev
Replied by g187eev on topic Re: 3" lift on a 2post lift?
I would check that you have them instlled correctly, the middle clip on the passenger side will slide on the hose allowing more slack, also rotating the 90 degree elbow 90 degrees downwards will give more slack.

Hoses are made by Llama already for the correct lift. In an ideal word suspension limiting straps should be fitted rather than relying on the shocks to stop the axle and max out the props.

RB
ORA

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds