BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

jimny key

• dc5
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2010 11:32 #3385 by dc5
jimny key was created by dc5
I have only one key for my 99 jimny and It has a crack In It.

My local key cutters told me It will be £75 for a new one.

Has anyone bought a new key from suzuki or anywhere else for that matter and what was the cost :unsure:

jase.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2010 14:56 #3386 by kevant
Replied by kevant on topic Re:jimny key
Dont know if this will work for you but the usual fix when they start getting greedy with the keys is to get 2 normal keys cut without the chip in which are usually very cheap then undo your steering cowl and tape or fasten your cracked key to the sensor ring which is usually around the barrel of the ignition lock then replace the cowling and hey presto you have 2 new keys that will open everything and start the car for less than £20. Or get yourself a mate who does key cutting like i have :-)

• dc5
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2010 17:32 #3390 by dc5
Replied by dc5 on topic Re:jimny key
Cheers mate, I`ll give that a go ;)

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds