BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

SUMP GASKET

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2012 21:05 #33355 by myers647
SUMP GASKET was created by myers647
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration:angry:
Hi im having trouble sealing my sumo gasket i think it might be distorted? Just come across this on ebay.was just wondering if anyone had used one before because i know the sump is usually just stuck on??

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zuki andy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2012 21:17 - 12 Feb 2012 21:20 #33357 by zuki andy
Replied by zuki andy on topic Re: SUMP GASKET
i just used black silicone on mine. can you see where its leaking from, ie front or back ???
Last edit: 12 Feb 2012 21:20 by zuki andy.

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2012 07:46 #33379 by myers647
Replied by myers647 on topic Re: SUMP GASKET
Hi Andy it's leaking from the back. It's in the garage still I'm not doing it just wondered if anyone had used one of these gaskets. I think I might just get another sump. There is one on eBay for £35 including P&P. The baleno engine sold on eBay for £80 I should have got it.

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2012 21:04 #33425 by myers647
Iv just been told by the garage whee my car is that the leak is coming from the front some where so they are stripping the belts and pullys off to get to it. great. They wanted another £165 to do it but i told them i wasnt giving them any more money.They told me it was £472 for a new heavy duty clutch fitting new timing belt and the oil leak fixing, Its been back to he garage twice now and they have now decided that its coming from the front.
I feel a few cans of woop ass coming out tomorrow lol:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Feb 2012 21:18 #33427 by myers647
Ha ha well if they think they are getting another penny out of me then they can think again, they have picked on the wrong man lol ;) ;)

More
25 Feb 2012 07:20 #34166 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Re: SUMP GASKET
How did you get on at the garage?

Did they put the squeeze on you?

Is it leak free now?

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2012 08:25 - 25 Feb 2012 08:28 #34168 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: SUMP GASKET
I always use form-a-gasket and never rely on cork gaskets. The stuff is brilliant.

www.neverseezproducts.com/gasketseal.htm

Product 80088 is what I have used for my sump, just went out to the shed and confirmed that was what I put in last year. No leaks, no probs.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2012 08:28 by ZookFastback. Reason: left out one of the numbers, moi bad

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2012 13:29 #34183 by myers647
Hi Andy the Jimny is now leak free thank god, I payed for the new seal at the front of the engine and no labor, i told them to stick it where the sun dosnt shine.
All I need now is a rear half shaft from CAM Suzuki for £45 then its mint again.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds