BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Winch Solenoid case

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 May 2010 11:23 #3297 by darthloachie
Winch Solenoid case was created by darthloachie
When I bought my Jimny it came with a bare Warn Tabor 9000 winch which I have been told is working but was removed to fit a 8274 by Chris who owned it before me, so I need to get a solenoid, wiring kit, rope etc.
I want to get an allbright solenoid and mount it under the bonnet but need a case to mount in in - any ideas where I can get one from? :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2010 12:25 #3299 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Re:Winch Solenoid case
The nice thing about an Albright is that they are completely sealed and don't therefore need to be mounted in anything. Mount it under the bonnet on top of the wing and just put covers over the lugs where they bolt on to the solenoid to stop any chance of anything touching them when they are live. I would put a cut out in the main cable from the battery to the solenoid.
Don't know if you have the cables from the solenoid to the winch but I used some 50mm2 jump start cable and then soldered lugs on to the ends. You can get the lugs and covers for them from an electrical wholesaler.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 May 2010 10:32 #3305 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re:Winch Solenoid case
Thanks for that
I have nothing but the winch itself and a wanderlead
The cut out switch is a good idea :)

More
09 May 2010 19:56 #3357 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Winch Solenoid case
I would have a word with David Bowyer as he does Albright copies and is helpful and will guide you through the wiring - look at Goodwinch.com

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds