× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny engines

• trextr7monkey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2010 06:53 #3230 by trextr7monkey
Jimny engines was created by trextr7monkey
Hi,
This may seem a vague question but I was wondering in broad terms how long Suzuki's engines last amd what sort of mileages can be reasonably expected assuming serviced and not thrashed? We hear of Volvos Mercs and Saabs doing 300k (I know lots don't as well :D) but what is the design life of the 1300 units?
Daughter's T reg has 60k on clock and seems full of life but would like to see a few figures of what has been clocked up, son is now looking for a car and is finding younger examples with high mileages- so how far do they usually go or is it a case that engine generaly out lasts body?

Thanks
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• grumpy22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2010 07:43 #3231 by grumpy22
Replied by grumpy22 on topic Re:Jimny engines
mine has the M13 engine (timing chain) and has done 109k. it runs great with no smoke, rattles or knocks. FSH probably helps, can't beat regular oil changes

G

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2010 19:16 #3253 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re:Jimny engines
mine has done 129,000 and still going strong :P even overtook a bus the other day! - maybe the 31" Wheels were to blame :unsure:

• trextr7monkey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2010 19:58 #3256 by trextr7monkey
Replied by trextr7monkey on topic Re:Jimny engines
:D:D Well that's encouraging news!

More
27 Apr 2010 06:22 #3262 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Jimny engines
I have heard of them blowing head gaskets and I've seen a few on ebay with seized camshafts but as long as you change the oil regularly with the right stuff and not supermarket crap and don't go silly with it, should last a while.

If not, they are not in that short supply 2nd hand and ead gaskets can be fixed.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds