× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

cv

More
18 Apr 2010 18:23 #3159 by Garry
cv was created by Garry
i bust the drivers side cv today, is this the correct one to replace?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUZUKI-JIMNY-OUTER-CV-JOI...?hash=item1c11590df4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2010 18:32 #3160 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:cv
Hopefully thats a generic picture as if its actually the real picture then its entirely wrong! There is no boot, no grease and thats a weird looking CV joint.

However, I would guess that they only have one picture that they put up for every CV.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
18 Apr 2010 18:33 #3161 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:cv
thats what i thought Martin,

im gona get my mechanic pal to check the cv next weekend to see if its the inner or outer.

More
18 Apr 2010 18:48 #3164 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:cv
What do you mean by inner or outer?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
18 Apr 2010 18:49 #3165 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re:cv
does the complete cv not have a inner and outer section?

More
18 Apr 2010 20:29 #3170 by kevant
Replied by kevant on topic Re:cv
Steer clear of that auction i ordered 2 of them after they assured me that the picture was generic and i would be sent the correct ones for my Jimny and guess what they sent me the same as the picture so getting my money back was a nightmare and i ended up losing return postage plus they never contacted after i was promised return calls to sort it out. Order at your peril :)

More
18 Apr 2010 20:35 #3171 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Re:cv
I used Camskill via the link on here, provided they're in stock the service is sharp. Theres no inner CV like FWD cars either theres just the one on the end of the shaft its held on by a hidden circlip. Takes some getting off and its a tight fit to get back on too!

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds