× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fog light wiring???

• coptleigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Apr 2010 14:35 #3107 by coptleigh
Fog light wiring??? was created by coptleigh
Finished today putting on the fog lights I bought off kirkynut, got a 3rd party wiring kit, but my question is, looms are generally standard, so have wiring in place for things sometimes not fitted,
I noticed in the engine bay, left hand side front, where the wiring for the side lights comes out of the loom, is a white connector, with i think 5/6 wires into it, could this be the connector for the fogs????,hoping that this plus a possible similar connector near the switches on the dash,could be the way forward, rather than wiring the whole thing separately??

Any ideas
Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2010 04:22 #3111 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re:Fog light wiring???
Yes it is possible. The standard fig lights need plugging into a bullet connector under the front drivers side of the dash. Also to get Switch illumination and to tie them into the ignition switch, you have to scotch lock onto one of the vehicles other lights.

I'll see if I can find the instructions for the standard light wiring that Suzuki sell. Failing that, you would be welcome to see how ares are wired up

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
13 Apr 2010 04:25 #3112 by ooky_123
Actually while I think about it, the connector is near the bulkhead, almost behind the battery / below the brake master cylinder.
It's a single bullet connector.
You'll find the other side of it up near the loom by the front speaker (there are 2 main bundles here, from memory it's in one of those)

More
13 Apr 2010 04:27 #3113 by ooky_123
Actually while I think about it, the connector is near the bulkhead, almost behind the battery / below the brake master cylinder.
It's a single bullet connector.
You'll find the other side of it up near the loom by the front speaker (there are 2 main bundles here, from memory it's in one of those)

• coptleigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2010 21:25 #3121 by coptleigh
Replied by coptleigh on topic Re:Fog light wiring???
Hi,
Would appreciate if you could sort out the wiring diagram, would be useful.
Cheers
Alan

More
15 Apr 2010 05:22 #3123 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Fog light wiring???
What model/age of Jimny is it?

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• coptleigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2010 07:01 #3124 by coptleigh
Hi Martin,
Its a 2000 X plate, JLX.
Cheers
Alan

More
15 Apr 2010 16:00 #3127 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Fog light wiring???
I'll post / email you a picture of the bullet connector and it's location when I can get my Jimny out of the garage, especially as yourfogs came off my car and they are the same age and model.

I'm changing a radius arm on the back as the bushes have well and truly had it and the bolts were knackered, so waiting for new bolts to arrive at Suzuki dealer tomorrow to be able to fit second hand arm tat has new bushes in.

I've had another arm with new bushes in from ebay on the way to me from Monday and still no sight of it yet!!! I should have ordered new bolts for that side but never mind, I'll keep the parts guy busy another day getting a second set - at least I'll have the part no's though!!!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• coptleigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2010 21:34 #3130 by coptleigh
Thanks for that, would you be able to let me know where the connector goes from the back of the switch too, advised that its in the drivers footwell?? hoping that this might be a flying lead from the switch, to another bullet connector down there??. then just a case of putting a relay in somewhere to complete the circuit and away I go.
Managed to get an original switch from Equicar, they kindly sent not only the front one(which I asked for), but the rear also, so got a spare now, how nice of them.
Thanks for the help.
Cheers
Alan

More
16 Apr 2010 06:28 #3133 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Fog light wiring???
I'll dothe piccies as soon as I can and see if I can trace the wire but you are possibly making work for yurself and could fit that Ring kit to the swtch you've got in no time and make a neat installation of it too.

I can see where you're coming from though by trying to use what's aleady there.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• coptleigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2010 09:30 #3136 by coptleigh
Thanks, I think you might be right, will see how it goes and decide from there.
Alan

• coptleigh
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2010 09:22 #3202 by coptleigh
As per the above post, think I'll use the 3rd party wiring kit I bought, but does anyone know what connections to use in the original suzuki fog switch, tried searching for a wiring diagram of the same, but no luck!!
Alan

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds