× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

@ Martin

• tups93
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Mar 2010 00:28 #2686 by tups93
@ Martin was created by tups93
hey mate,

was wondering if you have any new or are any further forward with the rear brake conversion?

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2010 06:45 #2687 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:@ Martin
Baz,

I re-built the brakes the other day. They were still not right and I noticed by running the car on axle stands with the wheels off that the disks were not true (they had been when first fitted). I re-stripped and noticed that a small amount of mud had forced its way down between the spacer supplied with the kit and the disk. A thorough clean out of the mud and a bit of playing around with the disk fitting and I got them to run true. I then took it out on the road. They still made horrible grinding noises, particularly when turning corners. However after a long drive this stopped!(whatever was rubbing wore away!). I checked when stopped beside the road and there wasn't any sign of a highly polshed strip or anything so the grinding sounded worse than it really was.

So it seems to brake ok, but I still have a very poor handbrake. The good news?? for that is that I took a quick look on the Rover owners forum and they give a precise series of steps to get a good handbrake, stating that its a known issue that if you just assemble it all you get a poor handbrake, so I have to try this.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• tups93
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Mar 2010 14:35 #2692 by tups93
Replied by tups93 on topic Re:@ Martin
so to some up its still a working progress?

More
14 Mar 2010 17:45 #2698 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:@ Martin
Its getting there!

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds