BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Remote central locking

• Padmane
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Mar 2016 16:50 #164595 by Padmane
Replied by Padmane on topic Remote central locking
Any news for the older wiring using the 5 wire locking module?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• guyl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 May 2017 14:21 #181524 by guyl
Replied by guyl on topic Re: Remote central locking
pm you..

• Theblonde
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jul 2017 15:46 - 24 Jul 2017 15:47 #182959 by Theblonde
Replied by Theblonde on topic Re: Remote central locking
Hello,
this my first post,
Somebody can help me for the wiring the 5 wire locking module?
Also by means pm.
I'm not English, sorry for my bad language.
Thank you Very much.
theblonde
Last edit: 24 Jul 2017 15:47 by Theblonde.

More
24 Jul 2017 21:06 #182962 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Re: Remote central locking
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Theblonde wrote: Hello,
this my first post,
Also by means pm.
Thank you Very much.
theblonde

This one on ebay will do it....just fit the servo to the drivers door rod.

Welcome to the forum!

• Theblonde
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Aug 2017 19:41 - 05 Aug 2017 19:43 #183210 by Theblonde
Replied by Theblonde on topic Re: Remote central locking

Theblonde wrote: Hello,
this my first post,
Also by means pm.
Thank you Very much.
theblonde

Hello,
I have solved,
My Jimny (2000) Works Well Now,
I have interrupted the Brown / Yellow cable,
connected the ground on screw near speaker
to the switch of bistable relay
and input signal of remote central locking ,
-Open signal and positive cable to 'coil of bistable relays' -
-Close signal and positive cable to 'coil of bistable relays' -
sorry for my bad writing english;
Regard.
Last edit: 05 Aug 2017 19:43 by Theblonde.

• Morpheus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2017 16:41 - 02 Dec 2017 16:49 #186943 by Morpheus
Replied by Morpheus on topic Re: Remote central locking
Hi all,

Though this is quite an old topic I have used it as reference to install my cheapo remote locking kit. The info from bigoffroader set me on the right track, but didn't do it completely for me. I was missing something, like some other people here. I have the 5-wire system on my 2001 Jimny and had only the unlock (brown/yellow) wire and tried opening my door and was left with doors that instantly locked again, until I found exactly the point: the ground-wire (black/white dot) from the door should be normally connectod to ground as was the case with the joint with the black wire of the windows.
So, what I did: I undid the joint of the black/white dot wire and connected the output of the actuaor to a new wire going to the orange wire of the remote control lock device. I hooked up the white wire of the remote device to ground and voila! When the closing button on the remote is pressed the connection to ground is temporary disconnected by the remote telling the door actuator to close the door.
The trick simply is to wire the closing bit on the rmote control lock device a little bit differently to make it all work if you don't have the blue/red wire.

I included a picture of my remote control lock device manual.
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Dec 2017 16:49 by Morpheus. Reason: Added pic

• mitsi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2020 12:16 #224076 by mitsi
Replied by mitsi on topic Re: Remote central locking
Great info my friend,thanks.It worked for me also!!!!!

• s1ms
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2021 16:23 - 07 Mar 2021 17:52 #233511 by s1ms
Replied by s1ms on topic Re: Remote central locking
Resurrecting this as I've read the instructions 100 times and nothing makes sense.

I have disconnected the black from black/white dot. Now when I unlock, the car locks itself immediately. What do I need to connect the black/white dot wire to? Which wire do you connect the locking trigger to?

UPDATE: got it. Run a new cable and connect one end to the black/white dot cable and the other end to the LOCKING relay NORMALLY CLOSED to EARTH. 
Last edit: 07 Mar 2021 17:52 by s1ms.

More
08 Aug 2022 09:31 - 08 Aug 2022 10:31 #244445 by Frosty
Replied by Frosty on topic Remote central locking
Hi
I apologise if I am in the wrong place. I appreciate this thread was started before my Jimny had any scratches or dents…. But I, too am having problems with my cheapo eBay alarm.
I have a 5 wire driver’s door lock configuration.
I have followed the instructions regarding cutting blue/red/dot and brown/yellow/dot cables and everything is fine - except…. I cannot lock/unlock the central locking using the driver’s door key (turning key in the door lock) nor using the knob on the driver’s door.
The use of the knob is the big issue. In an emergency I don’t want to be fumbling for the alarm fob to unlock the whole car…. Especially if the fob was damaged/detached during the incident.
Has anyone solved this problem??
Thank you in advance
Last edit: 08 Aug 2022 10:31 by Frosty. Reason: Adding technical detail to my request for help

More
03 Dec 2023 14:59 - 03 Dec 2023 15:00 #252592 by Phaeton
Replied by Phaeton on topic Remote central locking
Has anybody got this working with the 9 wire unit? Or can anybody supply a unit that will talk to the original controller?

Oh BTW this is why I love forums & not FB, you can find stuff from years ago.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Dec 2023 15:00 by Phaeton.

More
04 Dec 2023 17:26 - 04 Dec 2023 17:28 #252616 by Phaeton
Replied by Phaeton on topic Remote central locking
Okay maybe somebody in the future will search & come across this & it will help, I got it working tonight on a 9 wire lock controller not finished but I can now lock & unlock from the fob, I just need to sort out the indicator flash but TBH I'm not that bothered. This also disables the ability to unlock all doors from the drivers door key, I may look at that later also.

I bought the Chinese Controller off ebay £9.40 delivered there are many different ones but all appear to be very similar this is the 3rd I've fitted to different cars, last one had a flashing LED when locked & looked like an alarm which was neat.

The Suzuki controller is between the glove box & the ashtray, it's held in by a single screw, but it's a barstool to get out or at least mine was. Once it's free then cut the BLU/RED & the BRN/YEL leave yourself enough wire to terminate. My Chinese controller needed a 12V constant live which I took from the WHT/BLU it also needed an earth/negative which I took from the BLK, I also connected the white & white/black from the Chinese controller to the earth/negative BLK.

Then connected the Yellow from the Chinese controller to the BLU/RED going into the Suzuki controller & the Yellow/Black from the Chinese controller to the BRN/YEL going into the Suzuki controller that's it it works on the fob & unlocks all the doors.

Whichever Chinese controller you buy there will be 2 sets of contacts, a NO (Normally Open), a COM (Common) & a NC (Normally Closed) you just need to use the NO sets.

Just to add this is for a 2003 JLX that must had had keyless entry at some point in it's life, I give no assurances it will work on any other models, but logically it should but at your own peril.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2023 17:28 by Phaeton. Reason: Missed the model it was done on.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds