× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Big Jimny Rear Shock Mounts

More
06 Mar 2010 20:13 #2597 by kirkynut
I have noticed that my rear shock mounts have been catching on something when off road, which I understand to be usual fare.

This has led me to consider getting some of your rear shock mounts Martin, as they will mount the shocks up out of the way.

I have a KAP 3 inch lift though and as the mounts effectively mount the bottoms of the shocks an inch or so higher I am concerned that this will cause the springs to dislocate upon full articlualtion - something it experiences a bit with the off roading I do.

Will this be the case or should I have 1 inch shorter shocks.

I need some new rear shocks anyway as the old pro-comp ones are a little jaded, albeit they are not leaking.

Do you stock the correct rear shocks aswell Martin?

Many thanks

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
07 Mar 2010 04:21 #2598 by funkyjimny
I have 3" springs, you'd be hard pushed to dislocate the rear springs, i used to have +4" rear shocks on one of my previous jimny and the springs didnt dislocate then.
Gary

• revajones
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2010 16:08 #2600 by revajones
Replied by revajones on topic Re:Big Jimny Rear Shock Mounts
hi there

i changed the standard shocks on my jimny for 3 inch pro comp ones, i noticed that the rear spring would disslocate upon full articulation so i cable tied the springs to the axel, problem solved now if the do come out then they will just go back in to their normal position. hope this helps kris

More
10 Mar 2010 19:21 #2651 by kirkynut
Cheers Gary, - Revajones, are you using + 3 inch shocks with standard springs???

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• revajones
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2010 20:01 #2656 by revajones
Replied by revajones on topic Re:Big Jimny Rear Shock Mounts
hi

yes i am using 3 inch shocks with stardard springs

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds