× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Engine Sensors and Wading

More
02 Mar 2009 12:43 #455 by kirkynut
I think prevention if definately better than trying to cure it when it's stuck in a big wet hole that you've got to get out into to get your mate's winch / tow line!!!

I've just finished fitting the axle breather - cheap Wilkinson's hose pipe jubilee clipped to where the original axle breather tubes are on the diffs and routed up high into the boot and engine bay.

So we can make some splashes now, much to Lindz excitement when I tell her it's done I'm sure. I don't think I'll be getting a snorkel though as it is a petrol engine still and I don't want to tempt fate - they do look good though - but the proper ones are expensive and home made ones look cool on a hard core off roader but mine still keeps it's road car soft looks - until it's covered in mud that is!!!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds